Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Well, it is a new year and I am hoping that it will bring some new and exciting opportunities. We are looking forward to a good 2008 and hoping for some positive changes.



Last night for New Years Eve we went downtown to Sir Winston Churchill Square to bring in the new year with thousands of other Edmontonians. There was a big bonfire and lots of live entertainment. It was pretty cold out, around -17, but there was also live entertainment inside City Hall too so we could go in and warm up. I enjoyed standing close to the bonfire and watching the Celtic-Rock band that was playing on the main stage. There was horse drawn wagon rides going on and the horses were so cute!! There was outdoor skating on the fountain in the square and they had Bright Nights @ Sir Winston Churchill Square which is a bunch of nice displays of lights.


Of course, at the strike of midnight, there was fireworks! It was a great fireworks show. I got some pictures, of course, of our night but my computer is still not back with me yet. I am anxiously awaiting it's return.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Even though it was cold, it looks beautiful there. Glad you had a good time. Love Mom xoxoxoxo

Virginia's Birthday

Blaine's Birthday

Christmas

Virginia and Blaine's Wedding Anniversary