Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Huge Manitoba Tornado

On Friday June 22, the small Manitoba town of Elie was hit by an F4 tornado. Environment Canada meteorologists believe the twister that hit Elie, a community west of Winnipeg, had wind speeds of up to 417 kilometres per hour.

This was a very violent tornado and they said it was as wide as 3 football fields. It was unbelievable seeing it on the news. Twisters are measured using a Fujita scale. It uses the amount of damage they cause, the size, and the time they are on the ground to rate their severity, with F4 and F5 being the worst. I posted some pictures and also the Global News report from Winnipeg. Check out the news story.








Here is the Global News story report from Winnipeg on Saturday, the day following the storm.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Wow! That unbelievable! I hope I never experience one!

Shirley said...

Hi Lovie: That is really amazing. The best part was no injuries and no one died. Thanks for the story. Love Mom xo

Virginia's Birthday

Blaine's Birthday

Christmas

Virginia and Blaine's Wedding Anniversary