On Tuesday, June 26th these 2 rare red pandas were born at the Edmonton Valley Zoo. They are so cute. Now they have lived for 6 weeks, and are doing well. Zookeepers across the continent celebrated the birth. The cubs are part of a very small population of red pandas in the world. It's estimated that there are fewer than 2,500 red pandas alive in the wild because the animals' natural habitat in China, India and Nepal is being destroyed. Forty red pandas are being raised in zoos. The Valley Zoo has joined an international breeding program in an effort to keep the species alive.
We post about the things we do, places we go, and things that are important to us so that our friends and family can keep up with what we are up to!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Baby Red Pandas
On Tuesday, June 26th these 2 rare red pandas were born at the Edmonton Valley Zoo. They are so cute. Now they have lived for 6 weeks, and are doing well. Zookeepers across the continent celebrated the birth. The cubs are part of a very small population of red pandas in the world. It's estimated that there are fewer than 2,500 red pandas alive in the wild because the animals' natural habitat in China, India and Nepal is being destroyed. Forty red pandas are being raised in zoos. The Valley Zoo has joined an international breeding program in an effort to keep the species alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's interesting. Was it you or Charlene that I was looking with at red pandas on the internet? I think it was you.
I love you Babe!!!! Love Mom xoxoxoxo
Yeah it was me. I remembered looking at them with you when I saw that these 2 were just born. I guess babies often don't live past the first 30 days.
That's kind of sad. Hope these two do. Love Mom xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment